April 20, 2014

Photo Diary: Fine China


First off, I do apologize for not updating too much. Work has been a lot of pressure lately. Well anyhow earlier today, my colleagues and I together with our foster family went out for Easter Sunday. Our foster family decided to go to the famous Philippine Taoist Temple of Cebu. We left the house at around 3:45PM arrived there at around 4 o'clock. Good thing the weather's participating except for my voice though. I sounded like a retarded seal and I can barely talk. Well anyways, What amazes me is that the moment I stepped foot inside, I felt like I just walked in at Jinshanling, China. The entrance looks like a replica of the great wall of China which makes it astonishing and gives you that china feel.



"Ate Yong", our big sister, told us that we could go inside the temple and make a wish. So before entering the Synagogue, we were asked to wash our hands first. Then each of us grabbed one candle stick and lit them up. You need to place the candle stick first to the giant pot (i don't know what they call it) and before wishing we knelt down, introduced ourselves and asked if we can make a wish. Then we picked up two kidney like wood stone to drop it and see if we can ask for a wish. If one is facing up, and the other is facing down, that means yes which means you can make a wish. If both are facing down, it means no. And if both are facing up, it means maybe. Then you can go ahead and make a wish, then drop the stone again to see if it's a 'yes', 'no', or a 'maybe'. Luckily I got 4 yeses in one stroke. If you're going to ask me what I'd wished for, well it's something that money cannot buy.

I find Taoism really interesting. I don't know why, maybe because I have a tiny bit of blood of Chinese (around 25%? HAHAHAHA)
The temple was just amazing. For some, it's just like an elementary field trip, but for me I consider it something sacred and it's just like the Catholic church. We need to abide their rules once we enter the temple, not only because it's not allowed to but also because this is a sacred place for other people. To make things short, respect.

Here are some of the photos I took of the Famous Taoist Temple:
























Colleagues and our Ate Yong. (PS - Disadvantages of being the photographer. Huhu)


If you're planning to have a vacation here in Cebu, don't forget the Taoist Temple on your list! You won't regret it!

xxx
Shiia.