April 13, 2013

Hello, Paradise.

Last month, my cousin invited me to go with them to Surigao during the holy week.
I couldn't hesitate such opportunity since the transportation is already provided and so is the food. Since it was the holy week, I thought we are going to some shrine or something and do some rituals (It's my family's tradition to go to a sacred place and pray.) but to my surprise we were on there for a short vacation, and I loved it!
CDO to Surigao del Sur is an 8-10 hour ride. So better get your gadgets and things that can accompany you 'cause I tell you it's a long long ride. And don't forget your neck pillows in case you need do doze off during the trip.



 First stop, the Enchanted River. Tourist's favorite spot in Surigao del Sur.
Unfortunately there were a lot of people, and I couldn't dare wear my bikini and exposing my big stomach with such crowd.

With my cool Uncle. We call him Daddy even though he's not our father. LOL.


After submerging into the water of the enchanted river, we then went for some island hopping. 

 Pangasinan Pacific Shore. It's like a mini-boracay! The beach is amazing and breathtaking!

 Then we went to Sarnoza Cave. Trust me, It's really a death-defying adventure. It's pitch black down there, all you can see is the camera's flash and the tour guide's flashlight. Talk about creepy!


And we all survived! Heck yeah!

 Apparently I wasn't ready for the occasion. haha!
I tell you, carry your flip-flops when you enter this slippery cave.

So Day 1 was over. Yes, that was only day 1. Imagine all the crazy things we did in just less than 24 hours?
Anyhow, on our second day, our next route was Bislig City, Tinuy-an Falls! Imagine my excitement once I heard the word falls. I just love waterfalls that if I was an element, I'd be a water.


Then we stayed there for the rest of the night to unwind ourselves. Away from the busy city. All you can hear is the birds chirping, the frogs croaking and the falls flowing

This was like taken seven in the morning. Imagine how cold it was and we still dared to go ride a raft.


With my best cousins, Coco and Annia.


Here are a few shots from my Blackberry:

View from the dock. 
 Bislig city, Tinuy-an Falls.
 Bird's eye view of Surigao del Sur.
 Worms eye view.

 View from the restaurant that we went before going home.

"I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it." - William Shakespeare

P.S. Never ever forget to bring some medicine and paracetamols. You never know when you need one.
Now tell me, what's your summer story? ;)